Something has been constant from the very first historical romance novel I have read (Velvet Angel by Jude Devereaux
) when I was about 18 to this day: the kind of hero I find irresistible. The one that always makes me swoon from the very first scene he enters the story and makes my heart and eyelashes flutter:
the Scottish Highlanders!
I bet many of you understand my boundless attraction to them, but for those who need to see the light and understand why Scottish Highlanders are better than any simpering Regency or Edwardian Duke*, here it is:
- they are always warmhearted (no matter how big and strong they are, every single one of them melts in front of little children
- they are ALWAYS tall, strong, muscular, fierce looking, with chests hard as rock and a colossal height, they are the epitome of virility;
- a woman always feels safe, protected, cherished and passionately loved by them;
- they are intense and passionate (and oh yeah, possessive *wide grin*), but are great at keeping their heads in critical situations then losing their calm at times of seduction ;-p lol;
- though they are huge and strong, these men who have fought war after war still have a moving gentleness and kindness to them;
- and of course there are the kilts!
Mmmm. sorry but it seems my mind went to more agreeable places. So let me know:
Is there another reason why you think Scottish Highlander heroes are the best?
Or you prefer heroes from another time period? And why is that? Good luck in trying to convince me
Let the Battle of the heroes begin!
* oh you know what I mean, I’d be happy with Mr. Darcy anyday so no slight meant there